The Industrial Proficiency Test (IPT) is a robust measure of cognitive ability specifically designed for warehousing, factory and process orientated jobs.
This assessment is ideally suited to individuals with a basic level of education and includes measures of Numerical and Symbolic reasoning, Written Instructions and Checking.
- Reduce the risk of poor staff selection on business performance (greater absenteeism & staff turnover, reduced productivity & quality, deceased morale & monetary loss through poor staff performance)
- Test abilities that cannot be measured by interviews
- Identify candidates with potential for promotion/supervisory roles
- Objectively reject unsuitable candidates
- Assess people on their likelihood to succeed in the job
- Reduce risks, time & costs of removing unsuitable employees from the business
- Realistic measure of industrial staff’s abilities & proficiency in relation to their academic achievements
Four tests designed specifically to measure the abilities & skills associated with strong business performance in industrial & production settings.
Following Instructions (10 minutes)
Measures proficiency in following written, tabular and diagrammatic instructions and people’s ability to understand and follow work processes, checklists and timetables.
Numerical Test (8 minutes)
This test consists of items which assess people’s basic understanding of such things as number sequences, numerical transformations, and their ability to perform basic numerical computations
Checking Test (4 minutes)
Measures attention to detail using words, as well as numeric and graphical images such as barcodes.
Symbolic Reasoning (8 minutes)
Measures the ability to make sense of visual information as well as a candidate’s learning potential.
- Completed in 30 minutes
- Candidate & Client feedback reports within 24hrs
- Opportunity to test several candidates simultaneously
- Candidates performance measured against a norm group of NZ Industrial Staff – so it measures like with like